Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday.It is a day to contemplate redemption a solomn time for many christrians. I find myself thinking about forgiveness and what that means to me.When someone does something that hurts you, there are a few ways to respond. Usually the first response, for me at least, is anger followed closely by thoughts of revenge. But I find I'm expending more energy staying angry and vengeful than I can spare. It has hurt me more to hang on to the hurts than it hurts the other person who may not even realize what they've done.So how do you let go of the hurt? I have not found an adequate way of doing that. I try to forgive but I know have not because the hurts still live in my mind. I know that forgiveness doesn't mean that you condone an other's behavior and really you can't 'fix' anyone else, they are responsible for their own behavior. So why forgive? Is it a way to peace within your heart? Is it a duty you must perform as the bible says or you will end up in the hot place after death? I would guess it's in order to find peace within that you forgive. It's more about letting go of your need to hang onto the hurts.
I am watching Diane Sawyer's special on prostitutes tonight and I wonder who will take care of these people? Who will make sure they are safe and cared for? Why are the women arrested but not their not their male clients or the pimps? And why don't these documenteries talk about the male prostitutes?
And when the women who was caught in adultry was brought before Jesus, did He condem her

No comments: